Wednesday, February 10, 2016

February 8, 2016

Sad news, I've been transferred from the La Sierra Heights ward.  It's bittersweet.  I'm going to enjoy the extra time out of the office that I have to proselyte now, but it seems like the work is going so well in the ward I don't want to leave!

It was hard to say goodbye to all the members and investigators in the area because I've been here for six months.  I was in my previous area for six months too, but I knew I'd be back.  :(

This is my new address, I'm returning to Eastvale!  Ready to light a fire in that area!

Elder Jacob Dyer
5615 Daybreak Dr. Apt. G
Mira Loma, CA 91752

We've been having amazing experiences teaching families.  It's so awesome to see a wonderful family accept portions of the Gospel at a time.

One of the highlights of the week was being in the circle for a baby blessing!  The dad asked us if we would join in.  It was SO FUN.  We were kind of bouncing her to keep her from crying.

Teaching the families is so fun because I get to hear the comments from the young ones! A five year old in the family told me in a very matter of fact tone "Jesus tip toed into my bedroom to make sure I was okay and to not wake me up."  When she found out I was leaving the area at church on Sunday, she gave me a big hug, She's adorable.

During a lesson with the nine year old that got baptized about a month ago, he said he wants to go on a mission to Taiwan when he gets older.  Hearing that was awesome, but the best part was him saying, "Elder Dyer, wouldn't it be cool if I was on my mission and you saw me on the street and I looked like you."  He's changed so much since we met him.  He's really growing into a wonderful young man! (at the ripe age of nine!)


the sisters in our ward decided to hop on the matching wagon


at the Garcia's house.  They're the best!



with the Ulloa's!  and the baby we helped bless!

last selfie in the office, with the transfer board

leaving! [the office]

Elder Westenskow had to get a selfie in

With the Garcia's and the sisters in the ward


with the solorio family

selfie with young friend

they got a new puppy!




Throwback - mission leadership council


mission leadership council with Elder Hamula


mission tour north half


mission tour south half


from the outgoing dinner from last time


all the outgoing!


putt putt, the companions


putt putt

with the doggy

with Brother Powers, the best ward mission leader ever


at our missionary coordination meeting for the ward

No comments:

Post a Comment