Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 25, 2016

Week 6 of the transfer here we go.  Gotta make it count!

There's been this huge thing about Pokemon Go recently.  The great part is, parks are some sort of hub for the game (goes to show how much I know about the app).  How convenient, because we do a lot of finding at parks, talking to everyone and sharing about our free English class.  So it's been great being able to go from talking about Pikachu, to our English class, to Jesus.

We ended up doing taichi with one of our investigators.  We were waiting at a park with another member that wanted to participate, then our 70-year old teacher walks up in full taichi garb - all white.  He looked very professional.  There were some other families at the park, and as he was doing a demonstration to teach us, one of the little boys (probably five years old) started to do it along with him.  Suffice it to say, I feel very balanced now.  We did another session with our old taichi friends at a park on exchanges too, so I got my exercise in for the week.

Our zone conferences were this past week.  It was a wonderful experience.  I had to give my outgoing testimony which was hard because my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest.  I can't believe how the time has flown this past two years.

My official 24-month mark, I got to go on exchanges back to my old La Sierra Heights area.  It was bittersweet driving through and seeing my old stomping grounds.  We visited some recent converts.  One seems like he's grown a foot!  It's really sad to see how family situations prevent people from being able to get out of their situations.  It's really not fair on him and his siblings that his parents' choices hinder their ability to progress.

We had our Chinese sacrament meeting on Sunday which was another great experience, being able to see the growth in the group since day one.

We confirmed one of our recent converts in a different ward on Sunday.  He got baptized a few weeks ago, but his host family went to the beach for a couple weeks, so we got it done.  Elder Warren did his first Chinese confirmation.  It was awesome.

writing down a "tender mercy" in the office (we get candy for everyone we give)

Getting our English classroom set up


got to crash a missionary coordination meeting in my old area! 

got to see Georgie one last time! He's grown a lot

and the Solorios!


our garden has grown!

last zone conference :(, 

didn't get my face on fast enough for the "funny" one

zone training from the Justs (senior missionaries)


office shenanigans



pizza at my last mlc! 

Throwback pictures:

flashback to day 1 in the mission. my incoming group

with my trainer (he's MARRIED now)

birthday celebrations! at a zone conference


gotta sneak in all the office pics

what am I doing with my finger? (training)



pictures I found from a training back in January



my pizza

sneaking in the pic at mlc







No comments:

Post a Comment