Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015

My new area is pretty cool, I cover two wards.  One is a family ward and one is a YSA (young single adult).  So it's cool to be around young people a lot.  

I live in a barn so my eyes itch a lot, and it gets hard to breathe sometimes.  Lots of horses in Norco!  The temperature is pretty crazy too! It'll be 80 something degrees we go to bed, and in the morning it will be in the 60's! Freezing! California has made me weak.

The one bummer is that I can't speak Chinese often, but I'm still working on it.  

One thing I have noticed, is that I'm being blessed with just tons of spiritual lessons.  I don't know if it's the language change or what, but all of the lessons I'm having are just great inspiring experiences, very spiritually enlightening.  My investigators are feeling it too!  The Book of Mormon can change people's hearts.

The nice part about this area is that we're getting blessed with lots of miracles.  On Sunday, my first day at church, a 14-year old walked up to me and asked "so what do I have to do if I want to be baptized?"  Not bad!  He's on date for the 1st of August.  

In Corona, it can sometimes be hard to find people to teach.  A lot of people kind of keep to themselves so it's hard to catch them outside or in their garage.  So when a brush fire broke out near a neighborhood, we obviously had to hit it up.  There were TONS of people out on the streets, it was great! No houses got burned and no one got hurt so it was all good.

I didn't send this picture last week, the last night before Murray went home, we (Chinese missionaries in the apartment) decided to take our mattresses out in the living room and "pangea" for the night, which was obviously a party! 

The barn 1

The barn 2

Fire is too hot for me 1

Fire is too hot for me 2

Fire fighting helicopter

Brush fire 1

Brush fire 2

How I'm greeted as I walk out to the car (I couldn't take a picture of the sound.. for some reason) 

He's not cute in case you're wondering

"Pangea" matress party


No comments:

Post a Comment