Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21, 2015

Huge news!  For my birthday I got TIWI's and a new phone! A TIWI is a cute little box that slides on the windshield that "mentors" our driving.  So if we go over the speed limit, we get a "check your speed."  Obviously a great birthday present.  THEN we got new phones.  We switched from Sprint to AT&T so now we can actually hear people when we call them, I just can't get used to the new keyboard.  It's a struggle.

We had two mission conferences, one for the north half and one for the south half for the TIWI installation, which lasted from 7am to 3pm on both days.  Elder Fischer and I had to train.  In our leadership training to the zone leaders, district leaders, and sister training leaders, we obviously had to announce we were getting iPads to everyone, wait for 15 seconds, and tell them we were kidding.  We have too much fun together.

I got three different cakes! Not good for my health but I'll have to eat them slowly.  I was in Corona, my old area on exchanges for Saturday, my birthday, so it was awesome to see some old families and recent converts there.  One of the families had an Apple pie, and so we sang and ate pie.  Then I get a call from missionaries in the office that there's a cake waiting there for me from my UNCLE! I just picked it up last night.  Thank you Uncle Glen! Then when I got home from exchanges, I find out some missionaries took our house key and snuck in and put a cake in the fridge! So I have lots of cake if anyone wants to eat some.

Elder Fischer decided to tell the whole mission it was my birthday, so I was getting tons of texts all day long telling me happy birthday.  He's a funny guy.


Birthday pie!

Nice autumn arrangement



Elder Foy's selfie

With the Corona crew

At my old ward mission leaders house for breakfast


Birthday balloons

Southern California does not do rain well

Rain in Riverside round 2

 Really tired after the second day of conferences

Three birthday "cakes"





No comments:

Post a Comment