Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13, 2015

This past week we had an interesting conversation with one of our members from Shanghai.  When we were talking about his friend who's Buddhist, he started going on about how it should be impossible to be Buddhist in America.  He said, "If you're in America, you should be Christian, in China you can be Buddhist."  Interesting take on religion...

We went to the social security office to translate for an investigator getting her social security hard from political asylum.  When the employee got the letter from homeland security, she was all like "oooo I've never done one of these before."  A lot of our investigators have some really interesting ways to obtain American citizenship!  

We were in the park this past week talking to this woman about the Church.  She said our Church is false because we have extra scripture.  It's interesting to talk to Christians that aren't that familiar with the Bible.  Apparently I "don't even read the Bible" which was kind of awkward when I start quoting scripture to her.  Not that "Bible bashing" is good or that you should do it, but 'cmon I'm a 19 year old kid who knows the Bible better than you...

She said the Book of Mormon can't be of God because he wouldn't give us more scripture.  It just really made me appreciate the continued revelation we receive in this church, to us, "His words never cease."  I would be a bit more understanding if after reading and praying about it someone didn't want to hear more, but she was just going "la la la la la, I'm not listening."  It reminded me of this guy in Riverside who said if God came down and told him the Book of Mormon was true, he'd said to God, "Show it to me in the Bible."  Anyways, just something that made me laugh this week.

This week is Elder Dalmer's last week in America!  Next week we have to drive him and the other two visa waiters that are going to Taiwan to the Ontario airport.  It's going to be weird being in an airport without getting on a plane! This is the longest time I will have gone without flying in my life!

Chef Dyer in action

So gourmet - zoomed in

I promised a picture in front of the temple

With church members




No comments:

Post a Comment