Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24, 2015

Pretty crazy week. Saturday morning at 6:34 am I got a call from President Mullen asking me to be his new Assistant to the President (AP), so I'm going to be pretty sleep deprived these next six months.  My Chinese will also probably be terrible at the end of it. But I'm willing to serve.

So my new address is:

Elder Jacob Dyer
3925 Pierce St. #536
Riverside, 92505

Walking around the streets of Corona, you run into a TON of Spanish speaking people.  For the most part, though, they speak English as well.  A lot of them will say, "no hablo ingles" but if you just keep speaking to them in English it's funny to see how they just answer you and eventually give in and start speaking English back.

One of our investigators right now is dealing with his family being totally against this church.  They said they'll kick him out if he's baptized.  But he's shown the faith and still wants it! It's just so amazing to be around people this great.  He said his parents say we're brainwashing him.  I must be pretty good - 19 years old and I can brainwash people.  He said he's being "brainwashed by God."  He's had so many obstacles in front of him, but at this point he said he just wants to "do it."  I'm going to miss this area so much!

It kind of gets hard to say bye to areas, even this one that I've only served in for only six weeks.  The mission’s just a long list of goodbyes.  I'm going to miss the “oven”, I mean the barn [that we live in].

With one of our investigators, saying bye

With Sister Ratliff, who owns the barn we live in

Family from the ward (one on the far left got baptized 2 weeks ago) I have my Jerry Garcia tie on that Sister Ratliff gave me (Elder Foy got a matching one)

Roasting marshmallows in the fireplace

Fireplace roasted s'mores!

Elder Dyer and Elder Foy



No comments:

Post a Comment