Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 28, 2016

Fun Easter week.  It was the last week of the transfer and we celebrated it with dyeing eggs!  I hadn't done that in what's seemed like a very long time.  Where did the tradition come from? I do not know, but pictures below.

We got to enjoy seeing a bunch of our investigators' children in our Ward Easter Egg hunt.  They all did not take to heart my advice to come early because once the egg hunt starts it's over fast because, like I told them, "kids run fast."  We had some very nice kids re-hide eggs for our late Chinese friends though, which made it very fun for everyone!

We're in with a group of pregnant ladies in our apartment complex.  A couple weeks ago, we had a zone activity playing tennis at the tennis courts in the complex.  A Chinese family came to watch, so of course I abandoned my post at the side of the net as the Riverside Mission Wimbledon Finals ball boy and went to talk to them.  We sat down with them and had a fun time sharing about the church.  She was calling all her pregnant friends to come meet us.  We'll see how that goes!

We had a lesson with Sunny, one of our recent converts and she was telling us how she had prayed the other day when she got sick and asked Heavenly Father if she could just go straight to bed instead of reading her scriptures.  She decided to read anyway but fell asleep during her reading.  It was fun to hear and discuss her experiences with prayer and scripture study.

We helped one of our investigator families level their back yard.  The Dad is doing his backyard renovations all by himself and so we dug and dug and dug, and wheelbarrowed tons of dirt with him.  It was a good workout!  My back is sore and my legs are still feeling it.  We had already eaten at one of our Sichuan member's house for lunch, which was deliciously spicy, and ate MORE Chinese food for dinner.  Suffice it to say that I ate too much...

I returned back to Riverside to do another exchange in my old Chinese area at the University.  It was fun talking to all the college kids and freaking them out with random Chinese phrases non-nonchalantly thrown into the conversation.

There's this reoccurring thing that happens whenever we contact younger adults.  We get their information and so we ask for their number.  They always look at us weird like we're trying to take them on a date or something and say "smooth"...  My standard reply is to just look at them with really bored eyes (just picture me doing that) and say, "I'm a missionary..."  They're still suspicious though.



very serious

my egg fell!!!

waiting...

professional egg DYER (haha)

All the Chinese missionaries together!



It's fun to be back in a district again!

what do I do with my hands?

would not be complete without a selfie!

so artsy

getting my flowers ready

Elder Pennington got transferred :(

No comments:

Post a Comment